Sunday, February 28, 2010

The Infomercial

Technology blows my mind sometimes. And don't you hate when you see an infomercial, and think "Why didn't I think of that?" This, however, I'm glad I didn't think of...

Then there are the classic favorites...I used to stop what I was doing in order to watch the Ronco Food Dehydrator as a kid...MAN I wanted that! I wanted to make beef jerky, turkey jerky, and fruit leather!

I also enjoy Chef Tony, and will forever remember Billy Mays (RIP). But I must say, one of my ALL-TIME-FAVORITES has to be Vince, and the Slap Chop!


Have you ever purchased anything from the TV? I'd LOVE to hear your story!

Tom took a break from Olympic Fever and checked out Shutter Island! Read his blog HERE

3 comments:

  1. That comfort wipe is a bit disturbing. Though I have a feeling people with a germ phobia would want one.

    "Fettuccine, linguine, martini, bikini" it sounds like the guy from The Slapchop commercial is performing some magic spell. That infomercial is always funny.

    Personally one of my favorites is The Tiddy Bear. If you've ever wanted to be groped by a stuff animal then this is for you. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJUBFkVrk9s

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also liked the Tiddy Bear infomercial!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That comfort wipe commercial is just wrong. So you don't have to touch toilet paper ever again, but you would HAVE TO CLEAN the Comfort Wipe! Ewwwwww!

    I have a food dehydrator and absolutely love it! I make beef jerky with it! I also have a Slap Chop type thing and it doesn't work as well as the commercial (although it's not the actual Slap Chop). I would like to try the package opener thing that helps you open mostly electronics type stuff where the plastic is molded together and it's impossible to open!

    ReplyDelete